Everyone deserves a safe and secure home
We believe no one should be without a safe and secure place to call home.
We work to support people who are homeless or at risk, and work to end homelessness in Australia. Tragically, around 0.5% of the Australia population is homeless, in which almost half are female and most of them with young children.
Most homeless once had a good life or story to tell in their golden days, unfortunate things happened in everyone’s lives at some stage, those who don’t make it ends up on the street without food, clothes and shelter.
How many people in Australia are homeless?
Over 100,000 Australians will be homeless tonight
– Half are under 24 years old and 10,000 are children.
– 1 in 40 children under five use a homeless service each year.
– The largest single cause of homelessness in Australia is domestic and family violence, which overwhelmingly affects women and children.
– Most preventable homelessness is caused when people exit from institutions into unstable housing situations.
– The waiting list for public housing is 16 years.
– For people at extreme risk, waiting time is 12 – 18 months.
It is our aim to bring people back into society, strong and equipped to fulfil a valued role in the community. We look at each individual’s or family’s situation and tailor a special program to suit their needs. This way, homelessness may only be a temporary setback.
Homelessness is one of the most distressing things for a person to experience. Please help us give the homeless a new start.